Who are the governors at River View?
|Name of Governor||Governor Role|
|Mr M Thorpe||Chair of Governors and LA Governor|
|Ms G Evans||Co-Opted Governor|
|Mr D Gauld||Headteacher|
|Miss J Formosa||Staff Governor|
|Mrs L Urban||Parent Governor & Vice Chair|
|Mrs L Gregory||Associate Governor|
|Miss D Kent||Parent Governor|
Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests
All the governors and associate members of River View Primary School listed above have signed the Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests.
|Name||Term of office||Governor Type||Specific roles on the GB||Committee Membership||Signed the register||Details of any conflicting interest||
Governor at another school
|Mr Daniel Gauld||
From: Oct 2015
To: Sept 2021
Standing Committees (with the exception of the staffing committees)
|Mrs Glynis Evans||From: Oct 2015
To: Oct 2023
|Mr Mike Thorpe||
From: Jul 2016
To: Jul 2024
|Community||Chair of Governors||
|Mrs Linda Gregory||
From: Jun 2016
To: Jun 2024
Finance Committee - No voting rights
|Ms Joanne Formosa||
From: Sept 2021
To: Sept 2025
|Mrs Luca Urban||
|Parent||Vice Chair of Governors||
Miss Deborah Kent
This is a declaration of any personal or business interest they or any relative or person closely connected with them, have with businesses or other organisations that may have dealings with the school. This could for example include owning or having a relative work for a business that had dealings with school; having a relative working in or for school or being a governor of another school.
If any interest a governor has could be seen to cause a conflict of interest they would be asked to withdraw from any decision making concerned. This is to ensure that our governors can always be seen to be putting the interest of the school first.
If there is a potential conflict it is shown in the Register document. This document also shows the category of governor each person is, any specific role on the governing board and the committees they are members of.
More information about the requirements to complete and sign the Register of personal, pecuniary or business interests can be found on Salford City Council’s Governor Services web pages where you will also find the links to all the other local authority’s (LA) governing bodies’ personal, pecuniary or business interests registers.
Categories of Governors
The different categories of governors on our governing board are:
- parent governors who have a child in school at the time of their election, and are elected by the parents with children at the school;
- staff governors who are members of staff at the school and are elected by their colleagues;
- co-opted governors are appointed on to the governing board by the other members because they come from a specialist group, such as the business community or because they possess a particular skill which can contribute to the effective governance and success of the school;
- local authority(LA) governors who are nominated by the local councillor and appointed by the governing board;
- the Headteacher (HT) is also a member of the governing board by right of the position they hold in the school;
- associate members are not actually governors but can be appointed to serve on committees and attend meetings of the full governing board. They do not have the right to vote at meetings of the full governing board but may been given voting rightson the committees that they are a member of, but these rights can only be given by the governing board.
Attendance and Governing Board meetings 2020/2021
|Autumn FGB 1||Autumn FGM 2||Spring FGB 1||Spring FGB 2||Summer FGB 1||Summer FGB 2|
|Ms Glynis Evans||Co-opted governor||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Ms Joanne Formosa||Staff governor||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Mr Daniel Gauld||Headteacher||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Miss Deborah Kent||Parent governor||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Mr Robert Stephenson||Co-opted governor||N||Y||N||NS||Y||NS|
|Mr Mike Thorpe||Local Authority Governor||Y||Y||NS||Y||N||Y|
|Mrs Luca Urban||Parent governor||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
Attendance Governor Finance Meetings 2020/2021
|Autumn Finance Meeting||Spring Finance Meeting||Summer Finance Meeting|
|Mike Thorpe||Local Authority||Y||Y||Y|
The different committees our governing board has are:
- Governing Board
- Members as above
- Finance Committee:
- Mr M Thorpe - Chair
- Mr D Gauld
- Mrs L Gregory (Associate member - School Business Manager)
- Ms J Formosa
The standing committees are as follows:
- Head Teacher Appraisal
- Parental Complaints
- Staff Discipline
- Pupil Discipline
- Staffing appeals
The standing committees are convened as required and are formed with members of the Governing Board.
The Governing Board meets twice a term to receive information about school. Contact with members of the Governing Board should be made through the school office. Thank you.